MERCI GRACIAS DANKE GRAZIE THANKS!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You will find something new everyday from my current workout routine, restaurant reviews, random internet findings,vacations, recipes, rants/raves etc. Enjoy :)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Fabulously Low Fat Mac & Cheese!

My friend Sarah made this amazing baked Mac & Cheese. I decided to make a Low Fat version and it’s equally amazing and it’s ready in 30 mins!

Ingredients:

1 can of Cream of Cheddar Soup (In with all Campbell's soups at the Store)
1/2 box of any small cut pasta (Shells and Rotini work best...I use Multi-Grain/Whole Wheat)
1/4 cup Skim Milk
1 Tbs of Light Butter
2 Egg Whites
Salt and Pepper
1 bag of 2% Milk Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese (I like the 4 cheese Mexican Blend)
1/4-1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs (Optional) I have no preference sometimes I use them, sometimes not.

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

In a bowl combine cheddar soup, milk, egg whites, salt and pepper...stir until gooey consistency.

Cook Pasta as directed then drain, add to baking dish and mix in butter to coat pasta.

Pour cheese mixture over pasta...it should sink through to the bottom without mixing.

Sprinkle bread crumbs on top (if using)

Then add shredded cheese on top. Depending on how much pasta your 1/2 box makes, add cheese as you like to cover the top of the pasta to the edges.

Bake at 350 Degrees for 20 mins covered with Foil....I then take the foil off and bake for 5 more mins to make sure cheese melts on top.

Yields about 4-6 servings if cut into squares

Enjoy :)

 
PS. This isnt my photo. I forgot to take one last night when I made it, but its very similar!

No comments:

Post a Comment